What would you do to improve your golf? What if you were missing one of the key fundamentals that could make a big difference to your handicap. What if it was as simple as learning how to breathe?
As a Physiotherapist and Breathing Coach from New Zealand I have had the pleasure to works with golfers of all levels and handicaps. After working with top New Zealand pro golfers on the Challenge and European tour, such as Josh Geary, I wanted to share with other golfers how you can use breathing awareness and breathing exercises to improve your golf performance and enjoyment.
Today I am joined by NZ Golf Physiotherapist Bryce Hamer to talk about:
- The key breathing muscles and how they impact your golf, kinematics, core muscle activation.
- 360degree breathing
- Look at your breathing muscles anatomy
- Never assume the because you are breathing you are doing it right.
- Understanding stress and how it impacts the emotions
- Learning to use the diaphragm to help the body feel safe.
- The way you breathe impacts your rotation and impacts your swing.
- Learn about the physics of breathing on posture and force transmission
- Anxiety and the mind with golf
- Other conditions we see clinically that golfers may not realise breathing impacts.
- Breathing and the golf swing.
- How important it is to train your centre of gravity and how fear breathing pattern brings you forward on your toes.
- Looking at thoracic core and how it changes your stability.
- Tongue position when you are putting.
- Need to be happy off the course to be happy on the course
Bryce owns and operates his own Physiotherapy clinic called Bay Physiotherapy Centre and you can find him also on instagram @golffocusedphysio.