Join me, Emma Ferris, while I interview world-class pelvic floor Physiotherapist Lisa Carnie from Pelvic Solutions. We are talking about SEX!
In this video, we discuss how pleasure through intimacy can be enhanced when you become aware of and train your pelvic floor. We also look at how breathing patterns and awareness can help and hinder sexual function.
I am a musculoskeletal physiotherapist and breathing coach based in New Zealand. I am on a mission to have tricky conversations that demystify health and wellness and empower people to rethink how they live their lives. My favourite tool for helping people is teaching you how to breathe. I teach people around the world how breathing retraining impacts your health and can help you gain control over stress.
Join Lisa and I while we discuss how:
- Sex is an important part of your wellbeing
- Sex can be hard to talk about and seen as taboo. We need to demystify sex.
- Pelvic floor physiotherapist can help with pelvic floor dysfunction and sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual health and pleasure is a clue to pelvic floor health.
- Pain isn’t normal to experience during sex.
- Men can experience sexual dysfunction with erections as well as tight pelvic floors causing pain.
- Who wants to have intimacy if you have pain with sex.
- Need to break the cycle of sexual dysfunction.
- Sex is not just about penetration and can be about intimacy and connection. Lots of education needs to be done around intimacy.
- Painful sex can be from pain just around the entrance to the vagina. Vaginal thrush can contribute to that. Need to let time for the cuts that can occur from thrush.
- If pelvic floor muscles are too tight they can cause pain.
- Like any muscle the pelvic floor muscle need to be trained.
- Your breathing pattern impacts arousal and to get to climax.
- If you are in your head then you can not climax and surrender.
- To get control of pelvic floor dysfunction you need to learn and explore your own anatomy, what feels good with your body, you need to learn to breathe, see a pelvic floor physiotherapist.
- Communication with your partner is key with establishing boundaries.
- Learn to breathe through sex to build intimacy.
- NO PAIN is acceptable during sex. Need to shrink the pain pathway and retrain the brain. Instead encourage anything that feels good.
- Sex is a super power for women!
To learn more about what Lisa does go to https://www.pelvicsolutions.co.nz/
Are You Ready for a Transformation?
Burnout, overwhelm, and the complexities of everyday life can take a toll on us. My journey began with a desire to blend the science of stress with practical, everyday tools. Through this, I’ve crafted a path to guide others, just like you, through transformative healing and personal growth.
Why Embark on the Transform Journey with Emma?
From Overwhelm to Empowerment: My approach is deeply rooted in understanding the mechanics of stress and the profound effects it has on our lives. We’ll tackle these challenges head-on, transforming overwhelm into empowerment.
Practical Tools for Everyday Life: Discover practical tools and strategies that seamlessly integrate into your daily routine, fostering a balanced and vibrant life.
Science Meets Compassion: Experience the perfect blend of scientifically-backed knowledge and heartfelt coaching. We’ll navigate the intricacies of stress and trauma with understanding and care.
If you’ve felt weighed down by life’s challenges and are ready for change, I invite you to join me for an exclusive 12-week ‘Transform’ coaching journey. Spots are limited, and they’re filling fast.
Take the First Step: Embark on a transformative journey crafted for your holistic well-being. Click [here] to learn more about the ‘Transform’ coaching program and secure your spot!